blurp | Science, Art, Life

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day

My Mom and me


My Mom died 10 years ago, so for me Mother's day is gilded with bizarre emotions, oddly similar to those I feel on Christian holidays: nostalgic, bittersweet, sad, annoyed, relieved. Its a day connected with memories but the day is no longer immediately significant - it kinda feels like the last day of finals week but I've already completed all my finals, like its a day where everyone else has obligations that I'm excused from. So it gives me the luxury of looking back and being gluttonously introspective. Its good I think.

My Mom's Mom



My older sister, who is now a Mom. I'm ruthlessly posting this, she doesn't know about my blog. What are sisters for if not embarrassing each other?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home