blurp | Science, Art, Life

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Canoeing and Running

I love summer!

Today we put our new canoe in the water for its first real test. We paddled around Lake of the Isles, Cedar Lake, and Brownie Lake in Minneapolis. They're all connected and its a fantastic paddle with lots of cool critters to see; ducks, grebes, nesting geese, turtles, red-winged blackbirds, fish, cormorants, and even a black-capped night heron. Happiness!

Here's the route we took (4.3 miles according to Google Earth):

(Lake of the Isles is the one with islands and Brownie Lake is the smallest one)

We bought a We-no-nah Minnesota II used from Piragis Outfitters last fall.

I've also verbally committed, to a friend who will hold me to it, to enter my first organized run at the end of the summer. Its called the Milk Run and its at the Minnesota State Fair Grounds during State Fair and they give you a milkshake at the end. Its only 3 miles so its do-able for me. I'm already up to about 2 miles - not bad for a beginning runner for the first real week of summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home