blurp | Science, Art, Life

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Daily Dose - Memorial Weekend Edition

More Daily Dose photos:

This billboard has been popping up all around the Twin Cities. This one is way too close to my house, but thankfully obscured by trees. The babies wearing backwards ball caps are saying "Embryos are just tiny babies" and below that it says "Heartbeat 18 days from conception."



This salvaged church window was installed into my friend's house.



These people walked past me carrying a giant cross while I was eating breakfast.



Zoom-in on the cross:



Is Saint Michael the patron saint of baked goods?



Another church, I think a car crashed into this one a couple years ago...



Review mirror decor.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Zeolite - nice blog. Good to see that rationality is still alive and kicking in the US.

If you like getting stuck into debates with evolution deniers I've got one going with "Looney" at his blog

http://looneyfundamentalist.blogspot.com

Why bnot come and joint the discussion.

29 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously "joint the discussion" was not quite what I meant!

29 May, 2007  
Blogger Zeolite said...

Thanks for the invite. However, I really don't enjoy debating that much. Good luck!

29 May, 2007  
Blogger King Aardvark said...

It's never made sense that they should care about the heartbeat so much when discussing whether embryos count as human life. I heard it when I went to a catholic highschool years ago and it occasionally pops up elsewhere. The heart is merely a pump used to circulate blood. After an animal reaches a certain size, pumping blood becomes more efficient than using a diffusion system, and that is the only reason why we have one. The embryo is no more alive just because its heart is beating. Hell, lots of other animals have hearts, some even have more than one, irrc, so are their lives just as/more important?

My opinion is that it's just a stupid argument from people who haven't examined what it truly means to be human.

Anyway, nice blog, I found it from a comment on Friendly Atheist.

31 May, 2007  
Blogger Zeolite said...

King Aardy,

I agree with you whole heartedly! get it? heh heh.... sorry

31 May, 2007  
Blogger Psychodiva said...

I still haven't found as much background noise / daily dose over here in the UK- I'm now wondering how much of it I will notice when I travel over the Oklahoma later this year?

02 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home