blurp | Science, Art, Life

Friday, August 01, 2008

Slimed!


You'd think that when your time is all your own it would be like the happy montage scenes in movies when people fall in love, or go on vacations; doing one really fun exciting thing after another.

Now that I don't have a "real" job I have the potential to do live that paradise; but instead I end up staying at home surfing the web or watching the TV.

WHY?! I want to be out doing fun things!

I know part of it is some perverse work ethic telling me I should be using my time productively finishing my consulting website or taking care of household chores. But when I think about getting up to do those things I feel weighed down by a thick slimy goo of apathy. And being a midwesterner of German heritage I am cursed with the perverted moral that fun must be earned by work - so if I don't work, I don't play = stuck in shitty no-action land.

So far, for the most part, I've been able to wiggle myself out of the energy-sucking-slime and get something productive/fun done everyday but I need to figure out how to escape this melancholy nickelodeon madhouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home