blurp | Science, Art, Life

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Oppressed

I have a co-worker who loves to send email forwards. It drives me crazy but this co-worker holds a position that makes her worth humoring. However, today I received this email:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to tell you guys that I love you all and I am so grateful to have each of you in my life. I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day. It was difficult for me to decide who I thought would DO this because many people claim to pray, but not everyone does. I know I chose the right twelve.

Please send this back to me. (You'll see why.)

May everyone who receives this message be blessed. REMEMBER to pray. That's all you have to do. There is nothing attached. Just send this to twelve.

Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive. There is no cost but a lot of reward. Make sure you pray, and pray believing that God will answer. May today be all that you need it to be today.

May the peace of God and the freshness of the Holy Spirit rest in your thoughts, rule in your dreams tonight and conquer all your fears.

May God manifest himself today in ways that you have never experienced.

May your joys be fulfilled, your dreams be closer and your prayers be answered.

I pray that faith enters a new height for you, I pray that your territory is enlarged and I pray that you step into your destiny within the ministry.

I pray for peace, health, happiness and true and undying love for God.

Now, send this to 12 people within the next 5 minutes and remember to send this back...I count as 1...you'll see why.

Everyone have a blessed day!


Cute farm animals, lame jokes, and threats of bad luck I can handle but this email has gone way too far. This totally sucks, my hands are tied, things are way too politically delicate at work that it would be crippling to me if a burned my bridge with this woman. So I'm stuck to suffer through this stuff...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zeolite: Might I suggest some diplomacy here? The reason I say that is that I had a similar situation happen a couple of years ago, where this woman at my work sent out what she thought was something very patriotic -- which I found to be extremely offensive, xenophobic, and fairly racist. Rather than writing back the snide, snarky email that was in my head, I simply wrote her and said "I understand you sent that email out in good faith, and I respect that. If you don't mind though, can you take me off the list for the political forwards? The redneck jokes are OK with me though, just so we're clear :)"

That did fairly well, maybe something similarly worded?

-olly

30 May, 2007  
Blogger Zeolite said...

Yes, I totally agree with you. Your suggestion is definitely a healthy and honorable response. However, my gut tells me that if I were to do that there would be trouble. So I'm going to let this one email slide and re-assess my position if another pious zinger comes along.

30 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home